Real healing starts by repairing the gut flora and bringing candida into balance. We have prepared this easy to follow double action plan for detox and healing all together.
To go through the diet and the cleanse is a truly life transforming experience. I encourage everyone who experience 5 or more symptoms of bacteria overgrowth to go ahead and try it (not pregnant or breast feeding women, or people on medication, unless it’s under their doctors observation). Recovery usually takes between three to six months to reach a fully cleansed and recovered gut. However, during the journey you will notice, in life after detox and healing plan, improved self confidence and stamina, weight lose, improved mental and emotional functioning, less muscle aches, a more positive attitude towards life, healthier and younger skin, and many more improvements to be discussed in life after gut healing plan. The healing plan canvas will be much more flexible once you repair the guts and get the Candida overgrowth back into balance.
Following a typical healing diet, whether it’s the GAPS or Autoimmune Paleo, Fodmap, or just Dysbiosis and any gut healing diet it can be very difficult both physically and emotionally. If you find it hard to cope with, working with a health practitioners is well worth it and can help guide you through the detox symptoms which can be exhausting as the “Cold turkey” withdrawal symptoms may occur.
You could have parasites as well as candidas. You could simply just accumulate toxins as a result of your life style check (the intestinal forest). Guts are the source of more than 90% of all toxins in the body (floating in the blood and getting to the brain). Healing the gut (the source) from toxicity as well as parasite and Candidas will reflect on Psychological and mental health dramatically. Following this cleaning plan will help to drop the level of toxins, candida, parasites and make a double kill effect at once especially, if it is supported with Coffee enemas to speed up the detoxification in the body and cleanse the liver.
It is so important to take it easy while going through this process. Sometimes the die-off reaction of the Candidas and parasite during the cleanse, can amplify the symptoms of Candida for a short period of time and this can be upsetting and debilitating. Be patient, because you are just about to have a life transformation journey to a much healthier, stronger you. Note that you may need to repeat this cleanse more than once to completely get rid of it, but let’s start with this 8 weeks plan.
The "die hard" symptoms:
Now, give me a break… You have spent the majority of your life consuming a lot of unhealthy foods, drinks, medication, breathing pollution and you are expecting to detox and heal with a push button?
Your body most likely choking with toxins and there is a very good chance that you will experience what they call the “cold turkey” symptoms effect because of the amount of toxins being removed from your body.
When you start experiencing these symptoms, celebrate! Why? These symptoms will clear up in 5 to 10 days meaning that the detox has been activated. However. The reason for these symptoms is because the body has 7 organs that are designed to eliminate toxins (The Colon, Lymphatic System, Liver, Lungs, Blood, Kidneys, and Skin). When rapid elimination of toxins from these 7 organs can reach up to over 70 different toxins, leads to a lot harder than normal work for these organs which results into producing the symptoms. The list of symptoms below, shows that your gut healing and cleaning diet plan is working.
These symptoms include:
- Impaired brain function
- Fatigue and weakness that makes you want to stay in bed
- Intestinal distress including bloating, gas, constipation and nausea
- Sweating and fever
- Sinus infection
- Skin breakouts (not limited to face) such as rashes, pimples, and itching.
- Typical flu-like symptoms such as runny nose or fever, cold sweats, or cough.
- Need bathroom a lot more than normal
- Cold hands and feet
- Bad breath and body odour
- Mood swings and sometimes act like a very different person
- Losing weight
- White colouring on the tongue
- Joints pain
- Gut healing and cleaning diet
We are all different, there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to a healing diet. I however, recommend you the Autoimmune paleo diet or the GAPS diet in step 3 of my plan for 7 weeks – 3 months. These diets address the root of the gut problem. If you follow this plan you will get rid of all those unwanted guests “for good”.
Strictly following my program for gut healing and the recommended supplements is imperative to help rebuild a healthy digestive tract, and kick start a healthier lifestyle, particularly if you have leaky gut and yeast overgrowth symptoms. Candida is hard to kill off and repairing the guts even harder. You have to be committed! You’ll feel so much better, that will really makes it worth while. Here is the 3 steps plan:
Step 1: the 2 Days fast
This step should not last more than 48hours or maximum 72 hours. While the benefits of a juice fast can be remarkable, they can cause certain deficiencies when practiced by fasting only, for a long period of time. Juice fasting isn’t a particularly good idea beyond 7 days.
Start your fast with a warm glass of water and half a lemon juice, or 1 Tsp of organic Apple cider vinegar. This help your body expel the toxins in your system. Keep this going a few times throughout the day. You need to have warm liquid. Make a vegetable broth from organic onions, garlic, celery, kale, thyme, fresh ginger, fresh turmeric, sea salt and pure water. Strain after simmering and keep in the fridge. Drink as desired.
To really kill all the bad bacteria and repair, you should avoid fruit juices apart from lemon, lime and cranberry. Make a cold pressed vegetables green juices, as well you should also have a bone broth (bones should be organic). Do alternate as you feel, and try to sip warm broth along the day. You can cook the bone and the vegetable broth together if you like. Drink at least 10 glasses of water to flush the toxins and dead bacteria away. You can have green vegetables juice in between diluted with purified water. Drink herbal teas like mint, clove, cinnamon and d’arco herbal tea. NO Caffeine . Remember, NO fruit juice, NO tap water for these 2 day. Make a coffee enema if you can, or with the help of a medical assistance, that help accelerate toxic fleshing but it is not a must.
Step 2: the 5 days healing cleanse
You can practice this step from 5 -14 days. Your choice! This is the easiest step of all.. where you eat only organically grown steamed or raw vegetables (NO starchy vegetables NO fruit at this stage). Add a 1/2 tea spoon of Cayan pepper to your water and lemon drink or alternatively keep the organic apple cider vinegar (not any other vinegar) to start off the day and repeat one or more times later on. During this time, no more than once a day, you can eat fresh salads made from green leaves like lettuce, spinach, rocket or any other green leaves topped with a bit of coconut oil or olive oil and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Step 3: The 7 weeks - 3 month win win challenge
To stop your brain and body degeneration, you need to stop the gut degeneration. After this fasting program, you can modify your own diet and custom make your life style the way you desire, (with bacteria overgrowth or without) but to accomplish step 3 of this program, I believe following the Autoimmune Paleo, or the GAPS diets as a clear guidance is very effective in healing the gut and addressing the root issue of candida. However, these are the main rules you need to stick to for the next few weeks and be patient because it can change your life for the best:
What to eliminate and what to include:
Not everyone needs to cut all the items in these steps, but how will you know whether or not it is essential for you if you don’t try it…?! You owe this to your body. In my opinion there’s no better way to judge your progress than by how you feel. When you get tired, just remember, it is only for a few weeks, and it will only get better!
Eliminate sugars: Yeast can only exist on sugar, therefore your next step is a low GI diet. refined white sugar, greatly depresses the immune system and contributes to the reduction in defence against bacterial infection and causes alcohol production in the body – yeasts ferment sugars to alcohol and this is a major problems by its on. That leads to lowering the blood sugar and destabilising it thereby, it makes the “sufferer” crave even more sugars. This is a very clever evolutionary technique that yeasts have created to make their host eat the very foods they want! Sufferers always crave carbohydrates and sugars, but the more they eat, the worse they become. So, to win the war against yeast, make it starve, by reducing sugar in your diet.
Eliminate gluten: eliminating gluten from your diet can be a bitter pill to swallow but because they have a high glycemic index just like sugar, and like sugar, creates insulin resistance within the cells which leads to blood sugar problems like hypoglycaemia and diabetes to eventually lead to gut imbalance.
Eliminate simple Carbohydrates: carbohydrates (which are digested in the gut into sugars) is food for Candida. High carbohydrate foods such as starches and grains, i.e. bread, pasta, pizza, cereals, and potatoes. Ideally grains too. I recommend removing all grains containing gluten at this program because they break down into sugars and contribute to intestinal inflammation.
Eliminate Yeast: Exclude anything containing yeast such as bread and pastries, alcoholic drinks, vinegar (NOT apple sider vinegar) pickles and all ready sauces; use oil and lemon or lime juice as a salad dressing. Majority of stock cubes contain yeast. Some multivitamin and B vitamin contain yeast, selenium supplements too, but Selenomethionine is safe. Avoid foods containing moulds as in cheese, ripe fruit, old vegetables, mushrooms, shelled nuts and OLD LEFTOVERS: store leftovers in the freezer rather than the fridge. Always read the labels on all packaged foods
Eliminate fruits: Most fruits are very high in sugar. Even though they are natural sugar it still feeds Candida. Avoid all fresh, dried, and canned at this stage.
Eliminate peanuts: Avoid peanuts and peanut butter completely. Peanuts, even when in their shells are very high in mould.
Eliminate Soy: All soy products should be avoided, as the majority of soy is genetically modified. Only non-GMO tofu, can be OK.
Eliminate dairy products: Unless it’s fermented, forget it at this stage. Milk contains lactose, which is sugar. You can have home made yogurt, but best from raw goat and camel milk. Raw goat milk has anti candida property and the lactoferrin in camel milk has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-tumor properties. It has bactericidal activity that fights bacteria like (E. coli), Salmonella, and, Pseudomonas. Camel milk showed significant results on autism. Prof Reuven Yagil, explains, “it is NOT only a case of repressing the clinical signs but a rehabilitation of the immune system. Therefore the kids completely recover.”
Food to include
Include vegetables: Go organic. Eat vegetables all types of vegetables, including the starchy (which are higher in sugar and should be eaten in moderation), carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale and asparagus, yams, peas, all type of beans, lentils, beets, corn, and all types of squash, zucchini, and pumpkin. These rich sources of carbs will satisfy your cravings for sweets as well. Eat Rutabaga, it has very strong anti-fungal properties and makes a delicious french fries alternative. Consume the non starchy as well like lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, artichoke, Aubergine, peppers and tomatoes. Include all leafy greens. Eating garlic and onions have a powerful anti-fungal properties. Seaweed and ginger naturally detoxes the body, especially liver. Ginger increases circulation as well .
Include fruits: At this stage, only lemon, lime, cranberry (only fresh or unsweetened), coconuts (fresh) and avocado.
Include Stevia: The good news is, you can still, have stevia! Stevia, helps balance the pancreas, and has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic agent.
Include Protein: Aim for organic grass fed eggs and meets. Wild, cold water fish; free-range chicken turkey. You do not want to eat meat from animals, hormones and antibiotic fed.
Include fats: Good quality fats for cooking: olive oil, coconut oil, ghee. Avoid cooking oils you buy from super markets. Good fats and oils are equally important to protein in the diet and they are essential to getting Candida and Dysbiosis under control by stabilising blood sugars to help starve Candida and parasites. It is also an amazing antioxidant that stimulates the immune system. They not only increase the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from the foods eaten but they are also the most efficient source of body energy and have repairing properties to the guts.
Important supplements for the healing plan:
Remember, you need an extra helping hand to cleanse and heal your gut in the shortest period of time possible. You have to combine diet with herbs and supplements that help killing all the gut intruders and repairing them. Make sure you include as much as you can from the following in your diet:
- Drink filtered water (8 – 10 glasses/day to help flush toxins) ( not tap water).. Tap water high in fluorides.
- D’arco herbal tea, Liquorice, ginseng, goldenseal, to be taken in a capsule form or as tea. Drink 2-3 cups daily. These are really effective in killing bacteria.
- Drinking bone broth heals the guts and treat the yeast problem from the roots by healing the leaky guts.
- Add fermented foods such as raw, sauerkraut, kimchi and kefir. They contains good probiotics and enzymes and they regulate appetite. Make eating one of those foods a daily habit.
- Take 1-3 tbsp of coconut oil daily. It’s a powerful yeast killer.
- Take 1 tsp apple cider vinegar in some little water first thing in the morning or before every meal. Raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar creates an unfriendly environment for the yeast while helps creating a good environment for friendly gut flora.
- Try not to consume cold meal more than once a day at this stage.
- Probiotics: Not only will the good bacteria populate, it will kill off yeast and candida, but it will also support the correct functioning of your digestive and immune systems. Bare in mind that some types of parasites like protozoal “eat” bacteria, so may be you are advised to avoid probiotics supplements during the course of anti-parasites treatment ( for one month). Start your probiotics course after the course of anti- parasite immediately.
- Origano oil, Myrreh oil, lavender oil, clove oil : All of them has the ability to kill off candida and yeast, due to their natural anti-microbial and antibacterial properties. Add a couple of drops a day to your juice or water or just mix it with coconut oil. That alone, should win the battle against yeast and bad bacteria. These oils are powerful, so they should only be taken internally for 10 days or less.
- Dandelion root, milk thistle and artichoke help cleanse the liver. Milk thistle supplements cleanse the liver from medications build up (steroids, birth control, antibiotics, as well as others), food toxins, heavy metals, and environmental pollution. It is a magical liver cleanser.
- Cinnamon – It can help to improve digestion and as an added bonus, is great at balancing blood sugar levels.
- Alkaline Foods – Anything green like kale, spinach, broccoli, wheatgrass, parsley, chlorella and spirulina. These are all great at keeping high stomach acid levels in balance.
- Use gut-healing nutrients such as glutamine and zinc to repair the lining in your gut so it can resume its normal function.
- Take digestive enzymes with your food to help convert the foods you eat into the raw materials necessary to run your body and brain.
- Taking a bath regularly with Epsom salts, seaweed, clays, and bicarbonate of soda will supports skin which is the largest detoxification organ in your body.
- Take extra omega-3 supplements, which help cool inflammation in the gut.
Use an anti-fungal medication, such as Diflucan or Nystatin, for at least a month( don’t use it together with probiotic supplements). Diet alone could take three to six months before yeast and bacteria is under control. Start the course with step 2.
- Taking vitamin D supplement is important for stimulating the natural growth of good bacteria in your digestive tract, apart from keeping your skin, hair and nails healthy.