Bone broth is the key ingredient for healing endless diseases starting by healing the guts. The bone broth effect on health and longevity is profound specially on the guts, metabolism and weight loss to say the least. HERE you can find out much more.
• 2 kg of chicken bones or lamb or beef bones (make sure it has beef marrow and knuckle) or fish bones or a mixture of all.
• 4 litters of purified water
• 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar
• 3 medium unpeeled onion, roughly diced
• 3 whole or chopped carrots
• 1 whole or chopped leeks
• 3 bay leaves
• 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
• 1 whole un peeled garlic head horizontally cut
• 1 t black peppercorns
• 1 tbs Cayenne peppers (avoid or start with less if you have sensitive guts)
• 1 cup of of Maitake or Reishi or Shiitake or any other medicinal dry mushrooms.
• 2 celery stalks, halved
• 1 bunch of parsley
• unrefined sea salt or Himalyain salt as desired
• a handful of medicinal herbs like Turmeric, Ashwagandha and Ginger etc.)
For some people baking the bones in the oven 30 minutes for extra depth in the flavour is essential. I personally, just skip this step and go as follows:
1- Put bones in pot and add apple cider vinegar and water. leave the mixture to sit for for 1/2 – 1 hour so the vinegar can leach the mineral out of the bones.
2- Bring to a boil and then reduce fire to a simmer.
3- While simmering, skim off any Scum and foam rise to the top during the initial simmer phase.
4- Add any spice, salt and herbs now.
5- After about 5 hours for fish, 20 hours for chicken and 40 hours for beef, add vegetables (except the parsley and garlic) to the pot. Wait until the final hour to add parsley or celery leaves.
6- Simmer beef for 48 hours, for chicken, and lamb simmer for 24 hours and simmer fish for 8 hours.
7- Pour the broth through a sieve into another wide pot to cool
8- Transfer the broth to an airtight container (avoid plastic) and refrigerate.
9- Scrape the solidified fat off the top with a spoon and keep in jar to use in cooking. This will leave you with a gelatinous bone broth when cold to keep in a fridge up to one week or to freeze in a glass jars.