A complete healthy energy boosting breakfast or to snack on anytime of the day. It is terribly easy to make. It takes 20 minutes for chia seeds to form a gel after soaking, but it’s best you make it the night before, which makes it even better. You have your breakfast ready for you in the morning.
Chia seeds are rich in the essential omega 3 oil for heart and helps lower cholesterol as well as its content of finer rich in fibre Chia seeds are also rich in antioxidant, magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium. The protein in chia is essential for cell regeneration, healthy muscles, hair, skin and nails. The seeds are high in vitamin B the perfect vitamin for weight management.(1)
You can play around with the seed, and have them soaked or dry, but my self I prefer them soaked Because it makes it much easier to the body to digest, and access the dense nutrients inside the seeds. It is easy to have them with different flavours and mix them with any seasonal fruits available. To make it a super meal, just top your pudding with your favourite super food or green powder. I usually make this recipe with camel milk when am in Dubai, but being far from the camel land am going to have it with coconut milk. Chia gel keeps in the fridge for about 1 week.
– 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk, or any dairy free milk.
– 1/4 cup (35 g ) whole chia seeds
– 1 big ripe mango or 2 small ones. Don’t worry about the weight.
– 1/4 cup of an salted pistachio soaked in water for at least an hour.
– 1 tsp of rose water. The flavour can be powerful. Use only few drops if you’re not familiar with it. You can find it in Middle eastern grossers.
– In a ball, combine milk with chia seeds and stir gently for few minutes. Set aside for 20 minutes for the gel to form. Stirring from time to time.
– Purée the mango in a blender or manually until smooth.
– Add mango puree and rose water to the chia seeds gel and mix until combined.
– Rinse the pistachio and layer it in between when you transfer to the serving ball. Leave few for garnish.
– Garnish with a few wedges of fresh mango and some pistachios as you desire.